Sunday, February 20, 2011

Love said

Love said, Good luck with him
You have a tender heart

I never trusted the words Good Luck
Break a Leg is better
Break a Heart more apropos

After five dates Music calmly said, I just want to be friends first
Get to know you
Then we’ll see what happens
But he already fed me
carried me to bed
And kissed me like he wanted
to climb inside my mind
though he did not
touch me inside

Music said, It’s me, not you
And that he had a broken heart
Didn’t want to injure mine
But I’ve been building scar tissue
Up inside
For years now
that shit is thick

Love, I’m tougher
Than I look
And just as alone
As was I
before

3 comments:

  1. i like the line - that shit is thick.
    i'm not sure if you even read these comments, but i really appreciate these poems you have been posting. they inspire me every day.
    lu

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh music can be an evil one. beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete